|Job title:||Finance Manager / Accountant - Engineering Consultancy|
|Contact name:||Geoff Hulbert|
Global engineering design consultancy specializing in the engineering of some of the world's most recognizable Building projects. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Australia they have been a core player in the Engineering space for more than 40 years across Australia
Initially joining the team as the finance manager for the Victorian office the remit is likely to grow to include the oversight of the NSW office as well. Work autonomously and with the company Directors to produce monthly financial accounts and reports to the reporting timetables defined by the head office and the parent company.
- Complete staff inductions and employee forms for both Commencements and Terminations
- Staff setup in accounting and management systems.
- Conduct monthly payroll including reimbursements for personal expense claims.
- Attendance at Weekly Debtors meetings and be responsible for the following up of aged debtors.
- Conduct monthly invoicing including distribution to clients.
- Responsibility for all other Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable duties including contractors.
- Full bookkeeping / financial accounting including data entry, bank reconciliation to Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet etc.
- Preparation of Operational Budgets and quarterly budget re-forecasts
- Preparation of Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting requirements as scheduled by the Head office and Parent company.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reporting requirements as requested by the Head office and Parent company from time to time.
- Preparation of financial analysis reports as requested by the Directors.
- Responsibility of ensuring compliance obligations to ATO, SRO & other Government bodies are maintained.
- Liaison with external accounting and taxation advisers including for FBT Calculations and Asset Depreciation Schedules where these are not prepared in-house.
- Preparation of Directors Meeting documents and notices.
- Joint company signatory / approval authority for bank accounts.
- Assistance with Office Management functions as requested by the Directors.
- Must be a certified accountant or have at least 10 years' experience
- Experience working for an Australian Engineering OR Architecture practice
This represents a fantastic opportunity for a someone to take a step up and oversee the financial management of their own office and team. Your close working relationship with the senior leadership team will see you play a broader role in the managemwnt of the Office on an Ad Hoc basis