|Job Title:||Trade Assistant|
|Location:||Blacktown, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$28 - AU$32 per hour + + super + penalties|
|Contact Name:||Phil Underdown|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2021 14:24|
- 5 days a week + penalty rates
- Varied role - workshop & site based inc. call-out
- Permanent role eventually inc. potential apprenticeship
About the business
Fetch recruitment are currently partnered with several major civil contractors, supplying both high level blue- and white-collar workers. We have multiple opportunities currently with our clients for experienced workers to gain long term employment.
About the role
- Assist mechanics in fixing and upgrading heavy plant machinery.
- Based mainly in factory but will be some site based and also call-out work.
- Oversee maintenance inspections.
- Monitor inventory and re-order stock where necessary.
- Assemble mechanical components.
- Manage and conduct services on vehicles and plant.
Skills and experience
- Must have a mechanical aptitude i.e. worked around plant or understand mechanics
- Ideally 6 months experience working alongside a mechanic or knowledge of fixing vehicles (desirable)
- Construction induction card or be able to apply for this
- Own transport is preferable although not necessary
- Must be able to use common sense and be hardworking
There are opportunities for people who excel in this role to progress into a full-time position with the company. They will also be looking to put people through an apprenticeship if that's something of interest. If you are career driven and want to develop then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please click "apply now" to forward a copy of your resume to Phil Underdown. Please note due to the large number of applicants on successful candidates will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's