Transport Manager - Precast
|Job Title:||Transport Manager - Precast|
|Location:||Dandenong South, Victoria|
|Salary:||AU$95000 - AU$110000 per annum + + Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Stokan|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2021 10:04|
Join a precast manufacturer & supplier supplying precast panels over multiple developments within Victoria.
Join a company offering to support your growth as a Transport Manager - Precast reporting to a board of Directors while collaborating with yard foreman, transport suppliers & site managers, Located on Melbournes South East.
Responsible for the Transport logistics for all precast panels leaving the workshops for site, coordinating the delivery across Melbourne.
Hours: 7am - 4pm (expect phone calls after hours and on Saturdays)
Salary: $95-$110K package
Responsibilities of the role include Coordination of transport for Precast Panels
- Coordinate daily, weekly & monthly work schedules, construction programs and planned workload.
- Scheduling delivery of all services including subcontractors.
- Liaise with builders and drivers to keep track of what is going on site.
- Preparing documentation required per site in accordance to union based sites
- Liaising with production managers to ensure panels are ready for transport on time
- Preparing loads to accommodate Vic roads requirements, managing weight loads per vehicle.
Deliveries & Transport:
- Management of loads will vary daily, anywhere from 5-10 projects per day with 20-30 loads leaving the depot across multiple sites drops
- managing subcontractors / transport & logistics crew - coordinate, builders on site & the depot.
- Your truck/ transportation knowledge, you will have a clear understanding of the required range depending on the loads. For example, flat top trailers for columns, drop deck with walkway frames for panels and then specialised frames and trailers for panels that are high
- As all permits are completed via the subcontractor, your responsibility will be to oversee and notify parties in due course. All compliance paper work and lifting diagrams are to be collated for the riggers both in the yard and on site.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum of 4+ Years' experience in similar role
- Proven track record scheduling assets and resources with a successful outcome within construction
- Understanding and adherence to union & union based sites and requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills and an understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and prioritise the business needs daily.
- Demonstrated experience managing heavy loads across multiple sites. Access, Transport experience essential
- Strong staff retention rates are what our client prides themselves on, offering a fulltime opportunity with a work life balance joining a team of up to 150 employees.
- Reporting directly to the Construction Manager & Managing Director you will be offered an attractive salary between $95,00-$110,000 + superannuation.
- Quarterly staff events, BBQs, social events with a supportive management team
- Monday Friday roster, outside hour phone management & scheduling required.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply directly with an updated CV outlining your Transport management experience or yard delivery include a brief outline of your responsibilities.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined above.
Please apply below or contact Natalie Stokan on 0491267577 for a confidential conversation.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's