|Job title:||Senior Hydraulic Engineer|
|Contact name:||Geoff Hulbert|
My Client has long been regarded as one of Australia's leading Building services consultancies. With a track record of delivering some of Victoria's most iconic projects, their work is secured through innovative design solutions and technical excellence. In an industry so often dictated by price my client continues to kick the trend. Their portfolio of highly loyal and repeat clients has been built on the understanding that paying more for quality documentation ultimately has significant cost benefits to the project as a whole. This approach means their pipeline of work has been able to move forward unabated by the recent disruptions from COVID - 19.
With their Melbourne team continuing to grow they are now looking for an ambitious and driven Senior Hydraulic Engineer to join the Victorian office. Working closely with both the discipline leader and Directors you will play an active role in design, project delivery & project management and have the chance to build on your experience in business development the mentoring of less experienced engineers. Joining the team as the 2IC in the hydraulics team you will have a clear path to senior leadership
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- 7 years + experience as a Hydraulic Engineer within a Melbourne based building services team
- Project experience including but not limited to apartments, High-end Hotels, High-rise and government
- Design experience including Hot and cold water reticulation, sanitary, sewer and trade waste, stormwater drainage, hydrants and hose reels
- The ability to manage and coordinate multi discipline project teams - including, resourcing, programming, and budgeting is Highly advantageous
- A passion for sharing knowledge and mentoring developing engineers
- A desire to build long term relationships with clients grounded in trust, respect and quality
- A track record in not only securing new business but also a portfolio of repeat work through the successful delivery of projects
- The empathy to understand the sometimes conflicting agendas of project stakeholders, and the communication skills to overcome and move past blockages
This role represents an opportunity to move to a true Meritocracy where people advance their careers based on their performance and contributions - not just tenure. With a growing Victorian team, the successful applicant will play a lead role in the growth of the hydraulic section and will have the opportunity to progress into the Leadership group. This role will be ideally suited for someone from a top tier consultancy who wants to have more influence on decision making or someone who feels further career advancement will be dependent on factors beyond their control i.e. retirements etc.