|Job title:||HR Manager|
|Contact name:||Jamie Beaumont|
Location - South Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne VIC
My client is a large civil contractor that understands that their biggest strength are their people. Over the last 15 years since there opening, they have been successful in creating a culture where everyone's voices are truly heard. This has been created through having a flat structure, hiring employees that live and breathe their company values whilst maintaining an open-door policy for all employees.
This culture and the fact that they have been successful with winning amazing projects within the industry have allowed them to create a strong brand reputation and presence within the industry. This meaning that they are a place that many want to join.
The current HR manager has realigned their role to focus on other parts of the business and this has meant they are looking for a HR manager to takeover.
- Be a part of a supportive, professional and developed company culture
- Genuine opportunities to grow and develop
- A workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution
- An opportunity to have direct affect on a HR department that furthers my clients goals of supporting its employees
- Being involved with leading directors in the industry that have different backgrounds within the industry
- An active Social Club, that holds events for you, your partner, and children
- A progressive Health and Wellbeing Programme (incorporating Mental Health First Aiders, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and quarterly company forums)
- Genuine flexible working arrangements and promotion of sincere work and life balance (i.e., encouraging personal leave, encouraging workers to periodically leave work early to attend kids swimming lessons, football training etc.)
- Free onsite parking
The required person is someone that is passionate, professional, has a strong generalist HR background proven track record of people management and ability to form strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business. This background will allow them to lead the team, manage the hiring process for the company's growth, whilst also maintaining and updating the current practices in place to continue the strength of the businesses HR department.
Through developing strong relationships with all stakeholders in the business they will be expected to complete the following responsibilities:
- Provide end-to-end support for the entire employment life cycle including talent planning, recruitment and onboarding, talent retention, development, and performance management.
- Partner with leadership teams to develop a solid understanding of business needs.
- Contribute consistent and continuous improvement of HR services, policies and procedures
- Lead HR initiatives and projects including implementation of structured training and development framework
- Equip business leaders with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage and develop their people and provide proactive guidance on people-related issues.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Manage the team whilst developing and training team members
Experience within the construction industry will be highly considered but may not be essential for the right candidate. To be successful in your application for this position you will require the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or equivalent
- Hands on experience in Generalist HR, with demonstrated skills managing a HR function
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with effective negotiation and influencing skills;
- The ability to coach and mentor leaders regarding people and change processes and initiatives.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and ability to think outside of the box
This is a fulltime role, however, for the right person there is flexibility for making it a four day (.80 FTE) a week role. Therefore, please apply if you are looking for part time options.
If this role is of interest or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to give Jamie Beaumont a call on 0498 017 287 for a confidential chat.