|Job title:||Construction Detailer|
|Location:||SE Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Salary||AU$70000 - AU$85000 per annum|
|Contact name:||Charlotte Quaife|
My client is a highly sought out architectural builder who has an established reputation for quality. As an employer, they go above and beyond - cultivating every staff members happiness and career aspirations. As a result, most employees have stayed for 5 + years and report that this is one of the best companies they have worked for. With lots of work secured, this company has been barely affected by COVID and business is still booming. This is a rare opportunity to jump on board and contribute to their ongoing successes.
The successful candidate must have considerable experience on site (ideally as a carpenter) as well as being computer savvy. We are looking for someone who can uitilise their experience, logical thinking and attention to details, and is ready to step out of site and into an office environment. You will be responsible for;
- Reviewing Architectural drawings & 3D Sketch Up model for design details and accuracy
- Isolating areas of the structure that require specific detailed drawings for Construction
- Creating and resolve structural beam layouts for estimating and buildability purposes liaising directly with our preferred Engineers
- Work with suppliers to confirm / resolve buildability specific to each design (e.g. truss manufactures, window manufactures, heating and cooling suppliers)
- Collaboration with the Architects in the design process. Ensuring the initial design has incorporated the required structural items in the most efficient way. (e.g. structural beam and services).
- Produce a complete set of detailed construction documentation including steel, truss, slab and framing design
- Liaise with Engineers and obtain final engineering
- Site meetings and communicate clearly with trades and site manager during the construction period to resolve any issues that may arise
We are looking for someone who is driven, motivated and has a genuine,down-to-earth personality to fit with the rest of the team. You will have high attention to detail and be comfortable working to tight deadlines, and a real passion for quality design. You will also have an excellent knowledge of residential structures,
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch by clicking 'apply now' to send a copy of your CV to Charlotte. Please note, only candidates with local experience and full working rights can be considered for this position, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Looking forward to hearing from you.