Associate Mechanical Engineer
|Job Title:||Associate Mechanical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Geoff Hulbert|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2020 11:50|
My Client has long been regarded as one of Australia's leading Building services consultancies. With a track record of delivering some of Australia's largest hospital projects, their projects are secured through innovative design solutions and technical excellence. In an industry so often dictated by price my client continues to kick the trend. Their interstate portfolio of highly loyal and repeat clients has been built on the understanding that paying more for quality documentation ultimately has significant cost benefits to the project as a whole. This coupled with a history of delivering projects across the health, laboratories, Education, Defense and government projects means their pipeline of work has been able to move forward unabated by the recent disruptions from COVID - 19.
With their Melbourne team continuing to grow they are now looking for an ambitious and driven mechanical engineer at an Associate level or above to join the Victorian office. Working closely with both the State Manager and Directors from other states you will play an active role in project delivery, project management and business development. Transitioning into the Mechanical discipline leader role will provide a clear path to both equity and directorship.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- 10 years + experience as a Mechanical Engineer within a Melbourne based building services team
- Project experience including but not limited to Universities, Hospitals, Laboratories, Corrections, High-rise and government
- Advanced Knowledge of low energy HVAC systems.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multi discipline project teams - including, resourcing, programming and budgeting
- A passion for sharing knowledge and mentoring developing engineers
- A desire to build long term relationships with clients grounded in trust, respect and quality
- A track record in not only securing new business but also a portfolio of repeat work through the successful delivery of projects
- The empathy to understand the sometimes conflicting agendas of project stakeholders, and the communication skills to overcome and move past blockages
This role represents an opportunity to move to a true Meritocracy where people advance their careers based on their performance and contributions - not just tenure. With a growing Victorian team, the successful applicant will play a lead role in the growth of the Mechanical section and will be a key member of the Victorian Leadership group. This role will be ideally suited for someone from a top tier consultancy who wants to have more influence on decision making or someone who feels further career advancement will be dependent on factors beyond their control i.e. retirements etc.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, but performance bonuses and generous equity options ensure you will stay ahead of the pack.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's