Accountant - Commercial Construction Company
|Job Title:||Accountant - Commercial Construction Company|
|Location:||SE Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria|
|Salary:||AU$80000 - AU$100000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lincoln Gray|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2020 15:49|
My client has consistently delivered quality commercial construction projects for over 10 years in Melbourne including commercial offices and boutique apartments.
They require a bookkeeper / accountant to take control of their accounting function. A minimum of 5 years construction industry experience is necessary as well as ample experience using CHEOPS software.
This is a diverse role that will see you do everything from accounts, to payroll, to financial and management reports, as well as other ad-hoc tasks that a small construction firm may require.
Based in the inner south east of Melbourne they boast an excellent team of down to earth professionals in a small but modern office space just a short stroll from a strip of lovely cafes and shops.
Your tasks will include:
- End-to-end accounts receivable and payable
- Weekly payroll
- Tax compliance (BAS, payroll, Taxable Payment Annual Report, etc)
- Superannuation and long service leave
- Credit card reconciliations
- Cash flow, profit and loss and variance reports
- Project costs for individual projects using Excel spreadsheets
- Analyse the balance sheet
- Quarterly reports to Directors on company's financial health
- Inter-entity account reconciliation
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Demonstrated experience in autonomously managing the above tasks
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the construction industry
- CHEOPS experience is a must
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to communicate with sub-contractors and debtors
What's in it for you?
- Exceptional work environment
- Competitive salary
- Long term career progression with a highly successful builder
For more information please do not hesitate and apply NOW!